Volvo Car Open Seeking National Anthem Singers
The 2014 Volvo Car Open is currently searching for five National Anthem singers to perform throughout the week-long event on Daniel Island, March 29 – April 6, 2014.
For the fourth year, the tournament, in partnership with Cumulus Radio, is collecting online video submissions to search for all-star vocal talent.
Five talented singers will win the opportunity to perform in front of thousands during the 42nd Volvo Car Open. Submissions will be collected March 1 – March 16.
To enter, signers must:
- Record a video audition, no longer than two minutes.
- Upload the video to YouTube.
- Log-on to any of the Cumulus radio stations websites: http://95SX.com, http://NashFM969.com, http://WTMA.com, http://Z93Jamz.com, http://Magic1073FM.com and access the submission form.
- Provide the link to their YouTube audition video.
- Submit an entry by 12:00am on Sunday, March 16.
A panel of judges will narrow down the entries to ten finalists. Beginning on Wednesday, March 19, each finalist will move into the final round determined by online voting. Online voting will start at 12:00pm on Wednesday, March 19, on all Cumulus radio station websites, and conclude on Tuesday, March 25 at 6:00pm.
The five winners will be announced on-air Wednesday, March 26.
The five winning contestants will receive four terrace level tickets to the Volvo Car Open, for friends and family members, on the day they perform.
Tickets to the 2014 Volvo Car Open are on sale at http://www.volvocaropen.com or by calling the box office at (800) 677-2293. Patrons can purchase single session tickets, or choose from a variety of ticket packages.